Sports Injury In Bellevue,WA
Sports Injury Chiropractor
When it comes to sports, injuries are almost inevitable. Whether due to a lack of conditioning, improper technique, or a sudden twist that leaves the ankle injury. Sports injuries can happen at any time. Luckily for athletes worldwide, chiropractic techniques can help restore mobility and function to an injured area. You might want to consider looking into chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic care can help sports injuries heal, reduce pain levels, and enhance joint function. Bellevue Chiropractic expert Dr. John Wisman DC is the best in town regarding chiropractic care for sports injuries. He helps many athletes in dire need of chiropractic care for sports injuries.
Overview Of Sports Injuries
Sports and chiropractic care go hand in hand. Any kind of injury can severely affect your chances of victory or even surviving the particular sport you play. Over time, sports can have lasting effects on the body and cause more severe damage to your joints. You might develop a chronic injury, which does not respond well to traditional treatment methods.
Different factors cause different types of sports-related injuries. However, there are common attributes that cause many sports injuries. These include:
- Joint dysfunction from overuse or improper technique (or both)
- Insufficient warm-up before play or practice, and/or inadequate conditioning or stretching afterward; and
- Muscle imbalance that causes instability in the body’s alignment. This can strain joints and/or muscles when a sudden twist is applied to the body.
Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (RICE)
Chiropractors often use a treatment method called Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation (RICE). This is a non-invasive technique that can help minimize the adverse effects of sports injuries. It can also be used to allow an injured area to rest and heal before one is ready to resume physical activity. These steps are simple to follow:
- Rest the affected area by avoiding movement, especially in the acute phase of an injury. This is particularly important when the damage is severe enough that you can’t move your body part at all.
- Apply ice to the affected area for 15-20 minutes, 3-4 times a day. You can use frozen peas or corn bags as an ice pack but never apply ice directly to the skin. Instead, wrap it in a moist towel or cloth first.
- Compress the injured area using an elastic bandage. This can help reduce swelling and pain in an injured area of the body.
- Elevate the affected area by using pillows, a foam pillow, or a slanted board. This increases room for the body part to “flop” and range of motion.
It is important to remember that this method is intended as a short-term treatment option only. The RICE method does not replace exercise, and it should never be used while you are recuperating from an injury. Instead, its use should be combined with strength training and rehabilitation exercises.
Chiropractic Treatment for Sport Injuries
Chiropractic techniques can also help athletes to recover from sports injuries. However, chiropractors focus on restoring balance to the musculoskeletal system of the body. In addition, chiropractors use various treatment techniques to increase the range of motion in an injured joint. These can include:
Spinal manipulation: This technique involves manually applying a rotational force to a spinal vertebra that has become misaligned. The intent is to restore motion and function to the affected area.
- Neck adjustment: Chiropractors can use various adjusting techniques on an injured athlete’s neck. These may be gentle adjustments or more forceful ones, depending on what symptoms are present. In either case, the objective is to decrease joint inflammation and improve the range of motion in the injured area.
- Postural re-training: In addition to using spinal manipulation, chiropractors also re-train an athlete’s posture to help improve the alignment of the musculoskeletal system. It helps prevent future sports injuries by strengthening weak areas of an athlete’s body.
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation: Chiropractors can help athletes design an effective exercise program to increase their strength and flexibility. In addition, chiropractors work with athletes to rehabilitate them after they have had an injury. It can be especially helpful when an injury has caused a muscle imbalance that puts additional pressure on a joint or causes irregular alignment of the spine.
In addition to this, chiropractors also help athletes to improve their conditioning and technique. Chiropractor Dr. John Wisman DC has extensive experience working with professional athletes to improve their performance and avoid injuries. He can prescribe the appropriate exercises for your body and give you the guidance you need to prevent future injuries.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment for Sport Injuries
Chiropractic treatments also offer several benefits that go far beyond treating a sports injury. chiropractors can help enable an athlete to perform more effectively by:
- Preventing injuries earlier in the game or practice
- Helping to prevent overtime stress fractures in future years
- Address spinal misalignment with chiropractic care
- Enhance your range of motion with adjustments and exercises
Chiropractic adjustments can also help to speed up the healing process when an athlete has been injured. Since chiropractors are experts in the musculoskeletal system, they can help athletes return to their sport with a healthier alignment and more flexibility than before. This will enable an athlete to stay active for a longer time and reach their full potential.
If you are an athlete or coach looking for ways to improve your performance and avoid injuries, chiropractic techniques may be right for you. Learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care for athletes by scheduling a free consultation with Dr. John Wisman DC today.
Chiropractic is also effective for treating many other forms of musculoskeletal pain. Whether you are experiencing a sports injury or just want to feel better in general, a visit to Dr. John Wisman’s office can help restore your health and improve your quality of life. Contact us online for an appointment now. You will be glad that you did! We accept most major insurance policies.
Sports Injury Treatment in Bellevue, WA
Sports injuries can have a significant impact on your life. Chiropractors can help prevent injury by correcting problems at the source which cause your body to stiffen up or become unstable. Chiropractic care maintains a healthy spine by keeping your spine flexible and strong so that you can stay active and enjoy life for years to come.
Before & After Sports Injury Treatment & Rehabilitation
Injured athletes often experience a range of symptoms after an accident or physical injury. One common symptom is back pain, which can be a precursor to disc herniations or spinal sprain. Chiropractors can help ease these issues by providing gentle adjustments to the area of your spine that needs care. Your chiropractor will also work with you to develop an exercise program to improve flexibility and strength throughout your spine.
Chiropractic Care for Brain Injury Patients
Chiropractors are experts in the field of sports and spine rehabilitation. They can help improve your nervous system’s function and help you return to your pre-injury level of activity. Chiropractic adjustments can also improve nerve transmission in the affected area, diminishing pain and numbness related to the injury.
Chiropractic Care for Nerve Issues & Physical Therapy
Chiropractors can also help to relieve nerve pain that is caused by physical injuries. Your body can experience delayed effects of an injury, such as numbness, tingling, or cramping in the surrounding tissues. Proper chiropractic adjustments can help to release these types of imbalances. Chiropractic care is sometimes used in combination with physical therapy to increase the effectiveness of your entire treatment program.
Don’t worry about the extra costs of chiropractic care for sports injuries because most insurance plans do cover it. Bellevue Chiropractor Dr. John Wisman has provided chiropractic care for sports injuries to many happy patients in Bellevue for many years.