Vertigo Treatment In Bellevue,WA
Vertigo is a sudden spinning sensation that can cause dizziness and nausea when you move your head very quickly. Sufferers will tend to feel unbalanced and fundamentally disorientated. It is better described as a symptom rather than a condition in itself because it presents itself in various ways and usually is self-regulating and self-healing.
Visit Bellevue Chiropractor if you’re looking for vertigo treatment in Bellevue, WA. This article is the perfect starting point for understanding the condition and what treatment options are available to you.
Symptoms Of Vertigo
The symptoms of vertigo can last anywhere from a few seconds to a few days, and they tend to include the following:
- Dizziness It can feel like your inner world is spinning or swaying involuntarily
- Nausea In more severe cases, dizziness can lead to nausea and vomiting as the brain tries to recalibrate
- Headaches Your head can hurt as a result of disorientation
- Loss of Balance This can lead to stumbles or falls when walking or moving
- Blurry Vision
- Constant Fatigue
Common Causes Of Vertigo
Vertigo is usually caused by a problem in the neck or the inner ear and can be brought about in many different ways, but some of the more common causes include:
- Moving your head too quickly This is exacerbated when the neck or inner ear is not operating as it should
- Spinning in circles The rapid disorientation can sometimes lead to symptoms of vertigo
- Excessive intake of drugs or alcohol can lead to the experience of vertigo
- Side-effects of certain medications
- Standing up too quickly
Different types of Vertigo
Often, the origin of vertigo is related to disorders in the ear. But it is not always responsible. It can also appear by a blow to the head, a mass, a stroke, medication side effects, such as antibiotics like aminoglycosides or diuretics, or even by variations in blood pressure, spinning in circles, intoxication, and standing up too quickly. When the origin is in the ear, we speak of peripheral vertigo. And if the cause is in the brain, it is called central vertigo.
If you feel tired, dizzy, or unbalanced and think that you are suffering from recurrent vertigo, it is worth seeking vertigo treatment in Bellevue, WA. For mild cases, it will tend to fix itself, but if it’s getting in the way of your life, then you should speak to a qualified medical professional to get a diagnosis and a proper treatment plan.
Standard treatment procedures might include the following:
- Chiropractic care
- The Epley maneuver represents a series of head movements that can assist with the condition
- Certain medicines such as prochlorperazine and various antihistamines have also been used with success
- Vestibular rehabilitation training can also be used to recalibrate and help those who feel imbalance and dizziness regularly
- Self-care is encouraged as well. By getting up a bit slower and moving your head carefully, you can help to avoid the symptoms that may aggravate things.
How Bellevue Chiropractic Can Help In Vertigo treatment In Bellevue,WA
Bellevue Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Bellevue for vertigo pain treatments. Dr. John Wisman DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Bellevue and specializes in treating vertigo pain. He has been practicing for over ten years in Bellevue.
Call us today if you are experiencing vertigo pain in Bellevue,WA.